Due to the evolving situation with COVID-19 Gentle Procedures Clinic in Melbourne is following strict infection control procedures to ensure the safety and well-being of our staff and patients.
Our doctors, nurses and staff follow the latest and most comprehensive infection control and disease management as per The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners Infection Prevention and Control Standards.
We are taking the following actions to help prevent the spread of the disease:
- Screening of every patient prior to their appointment and car park screening prior to entry into the clinic.
- All equipment and surfaces are cleaned and disinfected systematically throughout the day at more regular intervals than usual.
- We are limiting the number of visitors that can come with patients to two. E.g. Circumcision patients can only have two parents or guardians.
- Supporting physical distancing by limiting the number of patients being booked in a day with our clinic.
- All our staff are trained according to WHO protocols for COVID prevention and control.
- Our staff are wearing PPE (personal protective equipment).
We hope this provides you with confidence in our strong commitment to our patients while keeping our employees and communities as safe as possible.
Please call our office if you have any questions in advance of your visit.
Important reminders for parents coming for baby circumcision:
- Please limit visitors to only mum and dad.
- Please give your baby Panadol 1.0ml – just before leaving your house.
- Please bring 2 receiving blankets.
- No-show or cancellation without two business days notice will incur the full fee.
- Parents must watch our counselling video for infant circumcision prior to the day of the procedure.
- Upon your arrival stay in your car in the carpark and call reception so one of our nurses can come to you for screening questions and a temperature check for parents and baby.
Please read COVID-19 information below.
We will keep you posted with updates here on our website.
Take care and stay safe.
INFORMATION ON COVID-19
COVID-19 belongs to a family of viruses that can cause the common cold. This virus originated in animals and then jumped over to human hosts.
For the most part, it doesn’t significantly affect young and/or healthy persons. Casualties usually arise in the elderly and those who have significant medical problems.
COVID-19 spreads via contact with an infected individual or their body fluids (e.g. saliva, sputum, stool). It is NOT airborne.
Handwashing is the most important defense against the virus.
Symptoms of COVID-19:
The symptoms of COVID-19 are like other respiratory illnesses including the flu and common cold. They include coughing, fever, sore throat and difficulty breathing.
You can also visit the Australian Government information site for updated details anytime at https://www.australia.gov.au/
If you think you have the COVID-19 virus do the following:
- Stay at home
- Contact your family physician/local health unit for further direction
We will continue to monitor developments regarding the virus moving forward.
We appreciate your understanding and support.